harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Visual Studio C++ Express to compile classlib - fails.
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:45:49 GMT
On 6/26/06, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderaxiom@gmail.com> wrote:

> >I have now tried fiddling with Visual Studio C++ Express (free download
> f>or the time being from Microsoft, which would enable me to participate)
> >to see if I could build classlib with it under Windows XP, but have
> >failed so far.
>
> >I made some progress however.  Nmake initially complains that it cannot
> >find an ntwin32.mak which I then put in native-src/win.IA32 as an empty
> >file.  Then win32.mak was missing - throwing liberal amount of empty
> >win32.mak files all over made nmake happy, but then the actual compiler
> >invocation fails:

You can try downloading and installing the Microsft Platform SDK( free
) which has the NTWin32.Mak and win32.mak files. You could use nmake.exe out
of that distribution too, though it is also included in the compiler
package. This may help....
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

You also need to run the initialization scripts( if you haven't already
) like vcvars32.bat out of your compiler's bin directory and setenv.cmd in
the Platform SDK installation. This should set the necessary variables.

>    [exec] '-Ogityb1' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> >    [exec] operable program or batch file.
> >    [exec] NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '-Ogityb1' : return code '0x1'
> >    [exec] Stop.
> >    [exec] NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> >Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
>  >   [exec] Stop.

Thanks,

   Rana