harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Visual Studio C++ Express to compile classlib - fails.
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:45:49 GMT
On 6/26/06, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderaxiom@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I have now tried fiddling with Visual Studio C++ Express (free download
> f>or the time being from Microsoft, which would enable me to participate)
> >to see if I could build classlib with it under Windows XP, but have
> >failed so far.
> >I made some progress however.  Nmake initially complains that it cannot
> >find an ntwin32.mak which I then put in native-src/win.IA32 as an empty
> >file.  Then win32.mak was missing - throwing liberal amount of empty
> >win32.mak files all over made nmake happy, but then the actual compiler
> >invocation fails:

You can try downloading and installing the Microsft Platform SDK( free
) which has the NTWin32.Mak and win32.mak files. You could use nmake.exe out
of that distribution too, though it is also included in the compiler
package. This may help....

You also need to run the initialization scripts( if you haven't already
) like vcvars32.bat out of your compiler's bin directory and setenv.cmd in
the Platform SDK installation. This should set the necessary variables.