harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Doing the minimum to support Java 5 classfiles
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:56:51 GMT

> >>Pavel Pervov wrote:
> >> Geir,
> >>
> >> What's the first thing we do?
> >> I'd suggest switching the build to 1.5.
> >>
> >> The rest will come shortly :)
>
> >Now that's a plan! :)

Hi Geir,
  Actually what Pavel says makes sense. Not sure what plan we need. We could
do it either way. We can make some changes to the class structure, loader,
and the jit/interpreter, and submit a couple of patches. It is not the
"huge" patch that you have mentioned .. 7-8 files or so. Or we can switch
the build first. This will break drlvm for a short time, and we can submit a
couple of bug fixes to get it going again. This way, we will just add the
minimum needed for removing the compiler hack. Whatever way you think makes
sense.
  However, you started this thread with saying "no patch over the wall"
and making this "learning exercise about DRLVM". Where are you going with
this? Do you want to actually enumerate/discuss which source files need to
change and in what way, on this thread so that more people can participate?

Marginally confused :-)
Rana