harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Doing the minimum to support Java 5 classfiles
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:29:39 GMT
Geir,
  Not sure at what level of detail you are asking, but  we  need some
changes in the DRLVM class support code to handle the new
class format. These include the acc_synthetic , acc_annotation etc. access
modifiers,  the new attrs like enclosingClass,  runtime
visible/invisible attrs, signatures for generics support and the
class/interface naming convention changes etc. There should be some  small
changes in the interpreter and JIT to support the ldc CONSTANT_Class .
There are possibly some minimal associated changes to the kernel classes
also even without the full implementation of annotation, reflection etc.
kernel classes as Alexey pointed out on the previous 1.5 thread.

Rana