harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] build - first round done
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:31:43 GMT
Hi Gregory/Geir,
   Sorry for jumping in, but I have a question...

> >This method as the name says allocates a java.lang.Class instance for the
> >requested class and assigns class handle to the C native Class struct.
> But
> >java.lang.Class cannot be allocated before java.lang.Class class is
> loaded
> >by VM, so there is a special bootstrap case which doesn't create any
> object.
>
> >Now that I've written this I realized that the patch is not complete
> since
> >it doesn't create instances for these new java.lang.Class superinterfaces
> as
> >it is done for Object, Serializable and Class itself. It is necessary to
> do
> >allocation it in different place. I'll correct it right now and attach an
> >additional patch to HARMONY-612.

   I am also trying to understand the flow here. But since this is a dummy
bootstrap case, would it make sense to just disable this assert instead of
instantiating all the new interfaces and resolving everything, or is this
instantiation necessary for the bootstrap in which case the assert of course
makes sense?
 Also, are we incrementally fixing all the 1.5 related issues as we find
them?

Thanks,
Rana