harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A GC module written in Java for DRLVM
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:34:51 GMT
Ming,

I looked at JIRA 622.  It looks like there are 22 pages of new
assembly code and about 26 pages of new java code.  Perhaps you could
give us a summary of what the assembly code does and why it can't be
done in Java.

Also, I would like to see the code you developed that JITs the GC.  It
might make sense to reuse this code for the MMTk port.

    Thanks
         Weldon

--
Weldon Washburn