harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject {DRLVM] Jitrino.JET ---- back branch polling would make MMTK port easier
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:18:58 GMT
A question for the folks working on Jitrino.JET.  I see comments in
the source code about back branch polling.   Can I use back branch
polling?

 It turns out that polling in a controlled fashion for GC would make
the MMTK port easier.  MMTK has java classes that implement the
"Uninterruptible" interface.  Basically this means no GC is allowed
while methods of such classes are executing.  It looks to be fairly
straight forward to add code to the back branch callout that skips GC
if the current method implements Uninterruptible.

--
Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division