harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug to bug compatibility: SocketChannel.socket().getLocalPort() returns 0 while Harmony returns -1
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:57:26 GMT
Hi Mikhail,

So far as I know, only the socket obtained from SocketChannel returns 0
instead of -1.

If the socket is constructed directly, it returns -1 as spec says. Following
test passes against RI without any problem.

 public void test_socket() throws IOException {
  Socket s = new Socket();
  assertFalse(s.isBound());
  assertEquals(-1, s.getLocalPort());
 }