harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Bug to bug compatibility: SocketChannel.socket().getLocalPort() returns 0 while Harmony returns -1
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 07:42:21 GMT
Hi everybody,

I found a bug of SocketChannel.socket() of RI.

Consider following test case:

    public void test_socket() throws IOException {
        SocketChannel sc = SocketChannel.open();
        Socket socket = sc.socket();
        assertFalse(socket.isBound());
// RI returns 0 instead of -1 here.
        assertEquals(-1, socket.getLocalPort());
    }

RI 1.5 fails while Harmony passes.

"returns the local port number to which this socket is bound or -1 if the
socket is not bound yet." That's how spec describes getLocalPort method.

RI returns 0 for an unbound socket, violates spec apparently.

How shall we deal with this bug to bug compatibility?

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

--
Andrew Zhang
China Software Development Lab, IBM