harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][NIO]Fix the FIXMEs
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 06:14:02 GMT
On 6/16/06, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew Zhang wrote:
> > Hi, Paulex,
> >
> > I'm interested in NIO module and very willing to help you tidyup FIXME
> > TODO
> > list.
> Great! Thank you!
> >
> > Do you have any detail plan?
> Actually....not yet. But seems they can be separated like: file related
> / network related / spi / buffer.  You are free to select one of them as
> start, I myself prefer to start at spi, because I was working on
> Harmony-41 recently, which are highly related to SPI.
>
> Ideas?

Thanks Paulex, I'll pick up network related issues.

After a quick view on ServerSocketChannel, SocketChannel, DatagramChannel
and their implementation,

I found dozens of FIXME, which are mainly focused on performance concern and
native code improvements.

It seems some of they are not very easy to fix, so maybe I need your help.

Anyway, I'll have a try. :)

Comments?