harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Avtamonov" <anton.avtamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apps] welkin (was Re: [VOTE] Acceptance of Harmony-528: ...)
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:11:13 GMT
On 6/6/06, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
<SNIP>
> That's interesting.... I suspect that BasicHTML and LineListener are
> dependencies of JApplet because I don't use sound nor HTML rendering in
> there... but I do extend JApplet.

Yes, unfortunately JApplet is not there yet :-(

Some assumptions regarding BasicHTML and sound (I can't promise I'm
100% correct):

All Swing components support HTML-formatted text (not done in Harmony
yet). BasicHTML is the entry point for that. I suppose that RI
implementation performs check BasicHTML.isHTMLString() for all text
lines of swing components. Therefore BasicHTML is triggered even
application has no HTML formatting.
So, we can forget about this class for now - Harmony doesn't need it
for the time being and should perfectly work for plain text.

About sound... Just an assumption that it was requested from L&F for
some component (L&F should provide audio action maps). It is also not
currently implemented for Harmony and should not prevent applications
from being run sucessfully.

> Hmmm...
>
> BTW, is Harmony's Java2D hardware accelerated or software drawn?

Our 2D implementation is based on GDI/GDI+ technologies. Therefore it
is as accelerated as those technologies are :-).

Regards,
--
Anton Avtamonov,
Intel Middleware Products Division