harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] testing guidlines -- support classes
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:22:41 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> There are support classes that are shared by various types of the tests,
> e.g. api and impl or classpath and bootclasspath
>
> We can either separate them from the tests or duplicate.

I'm confused.

Either the support classes are used by API tests and only make API calls
into the code, or they are harmony implementation-specific; and either
they need to be loaded on the bootclasspath or not -- right?

So can't they just go into the existing bin directory classifications?

Regards,
Tim

> I suggest that we separate these classes into folder
>    src/test/support/[platform]/java
> and
>    org.apache.harmony.module.tests.support.*
> package.
>
> Probably it makes sense to put all the module's support
> classes there (not only shared ones).
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail