harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] trying new framework for testing serialization (was:Merging frameworks for testing serialization - first step)
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:02:50 GMT
Hi Stepan:

    Seems the new framework for serialization has added to Harmony, I'm
trying it and find it interesting. However I have a few questions:

1. It is strange that SerializationTest is an abstract class extends
junit.framework.testcase,  in this case I can either (a) extends
SerializationTest directly, implements getData() and run, it shall run
"testSelf" and "testGolden", but how to control more complex situation
in this way? or (b) write a test extends testcase, and use static
methods "verifySelf" and "verifyGolden" in SerializationTest as
Guidelines says, however I wonder why it extends testcase?

2. It is strange verifyGolden(test, object) has two parameter, but in
the example in the Guidelines says:"
	public void testSerializationCompatibility()
         	throws Exception {
	    SerializationTest.verifyGolden(new SomeSerializableClass());
	}"  something lost?
    And I guess the first parameter is used only to parse the name of
resource file. If so, may it change the parameter to a String, or
something else?

3. The test needs ser-files, so it may be necessary to add a method to
create this file easily just like the old framework. I find a protected
method produceGoldenFiles(), is that used for it (why protected?)? This
may be necessary to guildance.
What's more, the ser-file must be end with ".ser", but in new framework,
I still find it uses ".dat" . And the path is "test/common/unit/..." but
in Harmony's Test Guildance tells:"/src/test/resources/serialization..."

Your comments? Thanks!

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv