harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] tests.api.java.io.FileTest failures on Windows XP
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 06:49:49 GMT
Tim,

Are you looking at this FileTest now? I've looked over this test, and
basically I think it's the test itself can be improved. If 8.3 filename
is disabled, the test_getCanonicalPath and test_getCanonicalFile fails
on both RI and Harmony. Look inside the tests, it creates a file
"longfilename.tst" and "longfi~`.tst", and try to assert these two file
returns same canonical path. My suggestions on this test are:

1. About platform issue, these two tests are windows specific, and there
are quite a few other test cases in FileTest written like "if(onWindows)
blabla", they should be separated to another platform dependent test
cases, according to our test convention proposal

2. About long file name issue, I think these 8.3 file name tests are
still valuable, I suggest to check the workstation's status at first,
and if it supports 8.3 filename, go on the tests, otherwise just skip
over this block, the status can be easily get by codes below: (suppose
we got a resource test file named as "longfilename.res")

private boolean support8Dot3Filename(){
    return new File(basedir+"longfi~1.res").exists();
}

your comments?

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Can you stick it into a JIRA?  I may have time to look into it.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> Richard Liang wrote:
>
>> Hello Nathan,
>>
>> Yes. When I disable 8.3 filename support on my WinXP, I get the same error.
>> IMHO, our test case cannot assume whether the 8.3 filename is disabled
>> or not.
>>
>> Richard.
>>
>> Nathan Beyer wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running them through the Ant scripts.
>>>
>>> ant -f make/build.xml test
>>>
>>> I do have the 8.3 filename support disabled on my laptop, so I'm
>>> wondering
>>> if that's it.
>>>
>>> -Nathan

Paulex Yang