harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Merging frameworks for testing serialization - first step
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:02:23 GMT
Stepan Mishura wrote:
> On 6/26/06, Tim Ellison wrote:
>>
>> Stepan Mishura wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've updated framework for testing serialization page[1] - I added
>> > guidelines
>> > for developing serialization tests. Also I've removed confusing
>> 'TestCase'
>> > parameter in SerializationTest.verifySelf() methods.
>> >
>> > If there are no objections I'm going in next two days to move
>> > SerializationTest.java from 'security' module to support folder. So new
>> > location will be:
>> > support/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/testframework/serialization
>> > folder.
>> > Class name won't change.
>> >
>> > Thoughts?
>>
>> Looks good, just a couple of minor comments:
>>
>> - You might as well move them (or duplicate them) to an
>> org.apache.harmony. package while you are moving things around, since we
>> want to get rid of tests.util as a package name.
>
> 'Them' means tests, right?

Sorry, I actually meant the testing framework itself.  The doc says

    "The testing framework provides support class
     tests.util.SerializationTest  for serialization testing."

I figured it would be easier to put them in the right place.

> - Please will you ensure that the Manifests are updated accordingly so
>> that the world is not broken.
>

> Sure, I will try.
>
> - Not sure about the word 'golden' to mean 'reference' data, when we
>> could just use reference, but whatever.
>
> In the method names or resource file name? Or both?

Ideally both, it just seems like jargon -- but I realize that such
renaming doesn't really 'advance the cause', so whatever you think.

Regards,
Tim

>> > [1]
>> >
>> http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.html