harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416738 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/bootclasspath.properties
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:12:25 GMT
Magnusson, Geir wrote:
> Its an element of uncertainty because if you change the load order, surprises can happen.

I'm confused?  The stubs do not participate in the bootclasspath order,
which is defined by the properties file.

> I understand the need for compilation, but don't see why they are necessary in jars for
deployment...

Right, they are not needed at runtime because the VM provides its own
version.  They appear there to satisfy the compile-time requirements
(and development-time visibility rules).

FYI  Our simple javac tool queries the VM it is running on to find out
the location of the kernel and other bootclasspath jars.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)