harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416477 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni: ./ src/main/java/java/net/ src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:16:30 GMT
I seem to have found a doozy :)

In hysock.c / getNextNetlinkMsg() there's an assumption that anything
the kernel will ever send in a netlink request is less than 1k, so when
processing the receive buffer, if there still is data in the buffer and
it's not a complete message, it's considered an error.

This is clearly wrong, and provable by simply doubling the buffer size.
This is suboptimal, of course, because there is no guarantee that 2k
will be enough one all systems either.

I'm going to stare at this and attempt to rewrite it this weekend if I
find some time.

Man, this would be easier w/ a debugger :)

geir