harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Doing the minimum to support Java 5 classfiles
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:10:07 GMT
Rana Dasgupta wrote:

>> >Now that's a plan! :)
>

> Hi Geir,
>  Actually what Pavel says makes sense. Not sure what plan we need. We could
> do it either way. We can make some changes to the class structure, loader,
> and the jit/interpreter, and submit a couple of patches. It is not the
> "huge" patch that you have mentioned .. 7-8 files or so. Or we can switch
> the build first. This will break drlvm for a short time, and we can
> submit a
> couple of bug fixes to get it going again. This way, we will just add the
> minimum needed for removing the compiler hack. Whatever way you think makes
> sense.
>  However, you started this thread with saying "no patch over the wall"
> and making this "learning exercise about DRLVM". Where are you going with
> this? Do you want to actually enumerate/discuss which source files need to
> change and in what way, on this thread so that more people can participate?
>
> Marginally confused :-)
> Rana

Just for the record, my goal was to avoid 'moving the goalposts' for
drlvm to integrate with the classlib and run the tests, apps, etc.

If consensus here is that moving to 5.0 (and thereby delaying that goal)
is more desirable then I'm happy to go along with it, though I'm keen to
get the entire end-to-end story working soonest.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)