harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416477 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni: ./ src/main/java/java/net/ src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:35:48 GMT
Hi Stepan,

Just seen your note. This is a bit odd; seems that different tests are
failing depending on the Linux distro. As has been pointed out, on
Debian and Red Hat EL4 it is a question of variability with the
InetAddress host name whereas you are seeing an "unexpected" number of
aliases (unexpected by the test author :-) ). Clearly the tests in
question need some diversity awareness instilled in them.

I will devote some time to this later on today to see if there is
anything I can do to fix this situation. For the time being it is
probably best to re-exclude the offending tests.

Best regards,
George