harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] Produce updated snapshots in time for ApacheConEU?
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:30:58 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
>> Tim Ellison skrev  den 22-06-2006 12:49:
>>> It has been about a month since our last snapshot, how about we do
>>> another in the next few days (in time for ApacheConEU)?
>>>
>>> Can we snapshot a few things together (jchevm, classlibadapter, drlvm,
>>> classlib)?  Probably in separate archives still at this point?
>> Perhaps this is a good time to get the automated builds going?
>>
>> I would be interested in helping out on that.
>
> Thanks! that would be great.
>
> The problem, AIUI, is that we are only building Windows/Linux 32-bit
> code at the moment, and there is no ASF infrastructure where we can host
> automated builds on those platforms.

And I don't think we'll ever have that as we want in terms of diversity.
   We can get something going at some point, but I really feel that
making it easy for anyone to just checkout the build/CI/test
infrastructure and run it would give us lots of eyes and lots of
diversity (this is the core of the testing/build discussion we started a
while ago)

> IBM are running continuum builds regularly on Win/Lin 32, but it is not
> ideal since (a) people cannot login to IBM machines and tweak/download
> the automated builds, and (b) for some unknown reason the build reports
> don't make it through to the commit list.

The do.  Just not huge ones.  There's a size limit on the list.

> If you have some ideas I'd be delighted to hear them.

What I threw out there was to get that continuum configuration donated
by IBM to seed our "build/testing" subproject.  Then we all can be
running the same thing and start enhancing it with additional testing
and tooling.

I keep bugging mark, and it's on his list :)

geir