harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build problems
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:39:33 GMT
Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> Initial size can be reduced, it works fine. So far… Since the number of
> files to compile will only grow as time goes.
> Isn't it more general solution compile sources by modules (in same VM,
> without fork)?

That's how I normally work anyway, and as we have snapshots available to
compile against people can always bootstrap the module compilation from
a previous build.

However, we do need to retain the option to rebuild the entire world
from scratch, so I expect there will always be a top level build.

I'll reduce the footprint options -- please howl if it does not suit.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)