harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apps] azureus (was Re: [testing] AWT, Swing Java2D)
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:51:33 GMT
Tim Ellison skrev  den 21-06-2006 11:58:
> The build instructions are here [1], let me know if they need updating.
Just got around to update and check.

The reference to the build.xml file in the help text shown if the
dependencies have not been downloaded does not reflect that it now is
"ant -f make/depends.xml download" instead.

>  For example, I think they may need to catch up with the build.xml file
> movement that took place yesterday.
>
> [1]
> http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/build_classlib.html

While it is building I would like to mention that the primary reason why
I did what I did was to see if it was necessary at all to download Sun's
JDK (to get tools.jar) to build on Ubuntu.

It isn't - by downloading ecj and telling ant to use it - you can get by
just with a JRE or a clone like gcj (or perhaps kaffe), which is
available in the default repositories.

Personally I like this approach the best :)

--
  Thorbjørn