harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] what's next?
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:44:59 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Build and dependency issues aside, what are the next functional
> enhancements / features for DRLVM?

> I think #1 is to get it to function with Java 5 classfiles, so we can
> make the switch throughout the project.

> Thoughts? What else?

As far as I can tell, general DRLVM development directions are
* more features, e.g. JVMTI
* higher performance: VM, JIT, GC

Personally, I am going to look into following areas (in order)
- extend JVMTI support in DRLVM: "Heap" group of functions.
  I have some code working already,
  but not yet ready for filing JIRA with patch yet.
- play with class unloading and see what are the design consequences
- then do a generational garbage collector (from scratch)
  I looked into this a little bit, but not quite sure when I'll be able
  to get something working.