harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [general] milestones and roadmap
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:15:52 GMT
I'd like to start assembling a high-level roadmap of the milestones we'd
like to achieve in the next 12 months.

I volunteer to track and organize, but this clearly is a community
activity so lets start by just tossing out ideas.

1) By ApcheCon EU - a combined snapshot that is a pure open source VM +
classlib.  Issues - I assume we'll use DRLVM.

2) Integration of Doug Lea's java.util.concurrency package.  Issues -
right now, Nathan is looking at it, and we'll need support from the
various VMs.

3) Build framework - I'm hoping Mark/IBM is able to get us booted on
this via a contribution to /testing that makes it easy for people to do
the same CI runs that he's doing

4) Incorporate the Java SE TCK into build framework.  This requires a
few things, first the build framework and people interested in working
on that, and second, the Java SE TCK.  I'm working on the latter in my
role as the ASFs JCP rep, and I'm guessing this will take a while.

5) Switch to Java 5 - in both classlib and our VMs

6) CORBA - start looking at Yoko to see what we can reuse for Harmony,
and start integrating that.

7) Test coverage - should we think about targets for test coverage ?

8) Package completion roadmap

9) JMX - right now, I believe mark has finished integrating MX4J, but we
need to start enhancing that with Java 5 features.

What else? :)

geir