harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib]native codes layout question(was Re: [classlib][NIO|VMI]JNI 1.4 enhancement on ByteBuffer)
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:18:27 GMT
Seems no one objects this proposal:), so I'm going to implement the
JNI1.4 enhancement in nio module, i.e, provide patch to Harmony-578,
Because this implementation requires some native codes, so I probably
need to reintroduce hynio.dll(.so), but I have some questions.(Excuse me
about my ignorance on the native layout evolution).

At first, seems native codes will be separated into modules(I guess Oli
is working on?), so should I assume my native codes will be directly put
into nio modules, or still in native-src/win.IA32/nio directory? because
I'm used to provide a shell to move/svn add new files in the patch, so
it will be easier for me to know how others think about it.

And second, the native codes probably need portlib, so the portlib's
header file must be accessible, say, portsock.h, but now it has been
moved into luni/src/main/native/blabla, should I include one in my patch
so that nio module can have a copy? or the header file itself should be
put some other well known directory(deploy/build/include I guess)?

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab