harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [doc] [VM] have useful info on how to debug DRLVM & Jitrino
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 04:26:21 GMT

Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to submit a debugging/tracing guide for VM/just-in-time debugging and troubleshooting
in DRLVM. This might be useful for developers trying to debug DRLVM.

YAY!

> There's some rather straight-forward stuff to do in Eclipse plus some less trivial config
options description and some debug scenarios. I hope the info can be of help to you.

I know it's hard to believe, but what about if someone isn't using
eclipse? ;)

> The question is how to best deploy it. The options I see:
>

> 1) Patch the Harmony site and deploy the doc as a simple HTML file on the Harmony documentation
>
> 2) Patch the DRLVM source code bundle documentation: add some section to the developer's
guide

> 3) Post the content on Harmony Wiki for editing and discussion; move the final version
into the DRLVM doc set some time later if needed

If you have it, how about posting as a JIRA in whatever form it is now
so we can read it, and then try to make a patch to the harmony site,
incorporating whatever feedback people throw at you (on this list).

geir

> I personally like the last option but have no strong feelings about it. I can do whichever
you think is wiser. Please let me know what you think.