harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: awt and swing integration issues
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:48:25 GMT
My USD0.02...

1) If I were to write a GUI toolkit, I can't imagine why I wouldn't use
C++ given relationships like "DialogBox is a Window"

2) Isn't it a reasonably safe bet that any platform that has a GUI is
'advanced' enough to have a reasonable C++ compiler for it?

I understand the need to stick to the simplicity of C, but I'm not
surprised w/ the C++

Mark, are you suggesting we convert it back to C?

geir