harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] odd problems when running tests under linux...
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:22:07 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>
>> geir@pobox.com wrote:
>>
>>> I just got my ubuntu box setup, and when running the test suite, I see
>>> this :
>>>
>>>     [junit] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>> org.apache.harmony.luni.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection
>>>

>> This package was renamed a while back. It's now
>> org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection
>> (!), and the
>> latest J9 VME kernels have those changes reflected in their code, which
>> leads me to
>> think that you might have an old version of the kernel classes.
>>

>> Could you tell me if in your jre/bin/default directory there is a single
>> kernel.jar
>> or two jars, luni-kernel.jar and security-kernel.jar?
>>

> two.
>
> This is a brand new machine (it was an T42 running windows until about
> 4pm yesterday), and it got v3 of the j9 vm yesterday... do I don't think
> I "crossed the beams" - this is the only j9vm it's ever had.

Right, think Ive found the cause - looks like I mistakenly included a
version of com.ibm.oti.vm.VM.class
in the kernel on Linux that had that old package name in (don't ask me
how - must have been a friday
afternoon :( )

I have replaced the VME v3 for Linux on DeveloperWorks with a one that
contains the updated kernel.
Please try this one and let me know how you get on - sorry for the
hassle caused.

> Doesn't anyone else see this?

I guess everyone else was still using the v2 and just moved the files
over - v2 had the correct
package names in. Also, the Windows v3 contains the right package