harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] moving to 1.5 for real - discuss
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:11:50 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that we get at least one of the project VMs to
> support this before we switch.

Yep, Alexey said that there were "some (minor) changes" required to
DRLVM, and Archie said that JCHEVM should already handle the new
classfile format.  Hopefully we will all align at the same time.

Alexey: I know that you indicated support to change the compiler target,
but is the DRLVM support something you can patch quite soon?

Just to be clear, at this point we are referring to supporting the new
classfile format, not fully-fledged support for new 1.5 features like
annotations, reflection, etc.

Regards,
Tim

--