harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Modularising the native code - it begins!
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:11:21 GMT

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>
>> Tim Ellison wrote:
>>
>>> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>

>>> move them out to the tools/launcher directory where they better belong.
>>>
>> So, with the removal of these Harmony internal files from depends, that
>> directory becomes external
>> dependencies only again, meaning we shouldn't put the makefile includes
>> there?
>>

> As Geir wrote elsewhere, it makes sense to share all resources at the
> appropriate level within the project, so if the makefile rules are to be
> used by drlvm as well as classlib then they would find a home in the
> /dependencies (or whatever it is called) that is a peer of them.  If it
> makes sense that the rules are classlib wide then put them in
> classlib/depends (or whatever) and so on.  The actual dir names are open
> for debate.

Currently these includes are only used by classlib, and I dont know of
any plans to
adopt them in any of the Harmony VMs, so I think they should go under
classlib/trunk/depends, in a new "build" directory.

Ill put together a patch that will move these includes to the
depends/build dir,
alter the build system to copy them into a shared place in deploy (probably
deploy/build) and update the makefiles for all components to pick them up
from there.

These files will need to be made part of the HDK when we start producing
them,
since they will not be stored in any particular module but will be
required by
all modules with native code.

Regards,
Oliver