harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] odd problems when running tests under linux...
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 08:36:42 GMT

geir@pobox.com wrote:
> I just got my ubuntu box setup, and when running the test suite, I see this :
>
>     [junit] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org.apache.harmony.luni.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection

This package was renamed a while back. It's now
org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection
(!), and the
latest J9 VME kernels have those changes reflected in their code, which
leads me to
think that you might have an old version of the kernel classes.

Could you tell me if in your jre/bin/default directory there is a single
kernel.jar
or two jars, luni-kernel.jar and security-kernel.jar?

>     [junit]     at com.ibm.oti.vm.VM.shutdown(VM.java:264)
>     [junit]     at java.lang.Runtime.exitImpl(Native Method)
>     [junit]     at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:215)
>     [junit]     at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:525)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:571)
>

> I'm very willing to entertain the idea that I have something misconfigured
> or a wrong version of something - I've been throwing things onto the box
> as fast as I can...
>
> I'm under the latest ubuntu v6, have Sun's JDK5 on the machine, got the
> latest v3 j9 VM installed... what else do I need to tell you?
>
> geir

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited