harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] build - first round done
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:55:40 GMT
Ok, first round is committed.

It's been tested on winXP, not linux, and will get to that later, there
still are some tweaks...

First, this is pretty primitive, and some things are really crude.  I'm
sure we'll collectively fix and evolve.

The two main things :

1) it uses a property to find the classlib on the local filesystem, it
doesn't build it, and assumes that it's done.

2) it works (according to build test) w/ the newest version of classlib

I'm going to keep drilling on it.  I'd like to reuse the work that was
there to help get a shared dependency cache for all components of Harmony.

I'm also going to take a swipe at doing the 'federation' we talked about
last week.

Suggestions and discussion always welcome.

geir