harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Modularising the native code - it begins!
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:42:37 GMT
Oliver Deakin wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>> but now that I look at it
>>> I see that the
>>> depends/files dir contains the Harmony properties files, so maybe I'm
>>> wrong.
>>
>> Those are launcher-specific, so don't get too attached to them, I'll
>
> I'll try.. ;)
> It looks like the .properties files contain some messages for the port
> lib and zip, which I guess
> will need to be split out and put into their respective native components.
>
>> move them out to the tools/launcher directory where they better belong.
>
> So, with the removal of these Harmony internal files from depends, that
> directory becomes external
> dependencies only again, meaning we shouldn't put the makefile includes
> there?

As Geir wrote elsewhere, it makes sense to share all resources at the
appropriate level within the project, so if the makefile rules are to be
used by drlvm as well as classlib then they would find a home in the
/dependencies (or whatever it is called) that is a peer of them.  If it
makes sense that the rules are classlib wide then put them in
classlib/depends (or whatever) and so on.  The actual dir names are open
for debate.

Regards,
Tim

--