harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pack200 -- can now read constant pool header
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:34:23 GMT
Alex Blewitt wrote:
<snip>
> I've created Harmony 599
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-599) with a zip of what
> I've done so far. I don't believe that it has compile errors, and the
> tests run OK -- it's just if I depend on a method/class that's not yet
> available in the classpath build. Hopefully it should be relatively
> easy to fix, and if I do contribute a breaking patch via JIRA then
> whoever applies it should be able to tell me before it goes live.

It is now in our mainline build and test cycle and looks good, thanks Alex!

I tweaked the package names to fit in with the project conventions, and
renamed the test types from TestFoo to FooTest because that is the
pattern our test scripts will look for.

You may want to now get the latest code from the ARCHIVE module and
check what I did, and apply patches from there.

>> and
>
> I guess that if it doesn't work at first, drop me a line and let me
> know so that I can try to work around it. For example, I link in the
> JavaDoc to java.io.GZipInputStream#MAGIC_BYTES or something, which
> might cause an issue if that's not there or been implemented yet. Most
> of it is byte-munging anyway; a bit of StringBuffer here and there,
> and io.read(). Not really that much.

Works like a charm -- thanks.

Regards,
Tim