harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Modularising the native code - it begins!
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:24:39 GMT

Oliver Deakin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you have probably noticed, I recently raised HARMONY-596
> (which Mark has already kindly applied) to make .lib and .a files generate
> straight into the deploy/lib directory.
>
> I think that now we are in a position to finally modularise the classlib
> native
> code. I've volunteered to do this, and plan to move the code down into the
> modules in the layout described in [1], since I believe there were no
> objections.

Other than my outstanding objections to how HDK is being conflated with
the deploy directory, none :)

I know I owe you some responses from last week, and that stuff shouldn't
stand in the way of what you want to do here.

> I will probably warm up with some of the "easier" modules - prefs/text/auth
> - before moving onto archive and luni. Ill raise a separate JIRA for each
> set of moves, and let you all know how I progress and if there are any
> problems/questions I have.

I assume this is gradual - that you can do one module first, it can go
into SVN, and all still is fine?

> I also plan to create a doc for the website describing the location of
> the native
> code, and summarising how platform specific and shared code is laid out
> within each native component.

Ooh!  Ah!  THanks!

geir