harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] Modularising the native code - it begins!
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:07:31 GMT
Hi all,

As you have probably noticed, I recently raised HARMONY-596
(which Mark has already kindly applied) to make .lib and .a files generate
straight into the deploy/lib directory.

I think that now we are in a position to finally modularise the classlib
native
code. I've volunteered to do this, and plan to move the code down into the
modules in the layout described in [1], since I believe there were no
objections.

I will probably warm up with some of the "easier" modules - prefs/text/auth
- before moving onto archive and luni. Ill raise a separate JIRA for each
set of moves, and let you all know how I progress and if there are any
problems/questions I have.

I also plan to create a doc for the website describing the location of
the native
code, and summarising how platform specific and shared code is laid out
within each native component.

Please let me know if there are any issues with this - otherwise I will
continue to work on it and submit patches.

Regards,
Oliver

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200605.mbox/%3c4463654A.3080105@googlemail.com%3e