harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: [jchevm+classlibadapter] Running classlib tests
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:51:04 GMT
Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> Yes, I have done this in VMThread.run() method for newly created
> threads. But I have seen no way to do this in JNI's ThreadAttach().
> Looks like gnu classpath doesn't require any callbacks (like
> thread_attach()) to be called on the attached thread, so the jchevm
> doesn't do this. That is why in order to use classlib, this place
> needs changes in jchevm and it looks like the same applies to all
> other VMs which use gnu classpath interfaces. That is the problem I am
> talking about.

One thing to try would be adding a call to VMThread.attach() in
the Thread(VMThread, String, int, boolean) constructor, which is
the constructor used for native threads.

However, this method is not invoked in a native thread until the first
time Thread.currentThread() is invoked -- that may or may not
be soon enough.

-Archie