harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:27:29 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Resurrecting this thread, with some trepidation...
>>
>> We went round the houses a bit, but did we reach a conclusion to the
>> questions you posed?
>
> Sadly, no, it doesn't seem so.
>
> I was hoping that Aspect-Master-George might give us some hints...
>
>> I'm eager to fix-up the DNS provider code.
>
> Is there something driving that other than the desire to "put it to
> bed"?  (Just curious)
>
> Can you just comment the stuff out?  (or I can - I'll be happy to)

Ok, so here goes...

I shall leave the logging statements in place but comment them out (so
they are easy to replace if we decide we can't live without them, or
indeed that all classlib code should contain logging) and I will remove
the o.a.h.util.logging.LogConst type from the JNDI module.

I promise that if we need logging then I'll personally volunteer to
uncomment those same lines, and let Alexei make fun of me while saying
'I told you so'.

Regards,
Tim

--