harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] moving to 1.5 for real - discuss
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:01:14 GMT
I'm +1 except I'd like to see us get to the point where we can

- produce a full snapshot of classlib + VM (using DRLVM or JCHEVM or
whatever)

- understand the timing of getting said VMs far enough that code will
continue to run

While I'm stunningly grateful for the support IBM is providing with J9,
and am looking forward to continuing support being very valuable and
useful for us, we need to get the point of basic self-reliance wrt VM,
and I'd at least like to understand what the 1.5 implications are, and
the timelines for doing it.

geir