harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] moving to 1.5 for real - discuss
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 06:09:56 GMT
Thanks to many stellar contributions all round we are pretty much
exhausting the work we can do with the temporary solution we adopted of
source=1.5 target=jsr14|1.4 compiler flags.

How do you feel about moving to 1.5 for real?  It would be simple to
change the Java compiler build options to generate 1.5 class files.

AIUI there is at least some 1.5 awareness in DRLVM and JCHEVM (and
SableVM?) which would allow the current functionality to work, and IBM
can provide a 1.5 version of the IBM VME to run on.

Thoughts?

Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)