harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant build | IOException
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:23:59 GMT
Anoop kumar V skrev  den 30-05-2006 04:36:
> Hi,
>
> I am a n00b wanting to contribute to Harmony.
>
> All  I have done so far (code-wise) is checkout the harmony code
> (revision
> 410710) from svn and run ant from ~/Harmony/make folder.

I have just done the exercise for the first time with a fresh Ubuntu
6.06 installation, and it is possible just with gij (i.e. without
downloading a JDK) as the ecj is one of the depent downloads (and I hope
that it is usable, as I recall there was a compiler issue at one
time).   I cannot recall at the moment if I installed gcj explicitly or
it gets in as an ant dependency.  I copy the installation to a fresh
deploy directory just to ensure that it is only updated when I want it to.

-------
sudo apt-get install ant gcc make

mkdir harmony

cd harmony

// now get the Harmony-vme-linux.IA32-v3.tar.gz from IBM and store it in
the harmony directory

svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony

ant -f harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/make/depends.xml download

CLASSPATH=harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/depends/jars/ecj_3.2RC5/ecj_3.2RC5.jar ant -Dbuild.compiler=org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter
-f harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/make/build.xml

cp -R harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/deploy .

tar xvzf Harmony-vme-linux.IA32-v3.tar.gz -C deploy/jdk

export PATH=$(pwd)/deploy/jdk/jre/bin:$PATH
----

Now "java -version" should report

java version 1.5 (subset)

(c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software Foundation or its
licensors, as applicable.

Please let me know if there is any inaccuracies in the above.

--

  Thorbjørn