harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] the build.... why?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 22:09:45 GMT
I have to admit, I don't grok the build for drlvm.

I was trying to figure out how to unhook the building of everything,
like APR and our own classlib, and I just got lost in layer after layer.
 It certainly is an impressive achievement - the author clearly
understood how to get the best out of ant, and there are some very
clever things in there, but for maintainability by a broad group of
people, I think it's going to be challenging.

I may be just too much of a simpleton, although the generated 21,000
line ant script gave me confidence that I wasn't too off base. :)

So... can someone provide some background?

Personally, I'd love to see something like we're using in classlib, w/
ant as the scripting environment, using make where appropriate...

geir