harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] Enum ready to go
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:04:26 GMT
Heads up that I completed the implementation of j.l.Enum today; so you
can go mad and use enum types in classlib code for real now.

I wrote a bunch of tests but if you could hammer on it and try to break
it that would be good :-)

If you take a look at the implementation [1] of valueOf(Class, String)
it uses reflection to get the enum constant values.  I'm not sure how
'popular' the valueOf() method is, but since the values don't change
they are a good candidate for being cached if it proves to be called
frequently.  I'm happy to do that if people think it is worthwhile.

Regards,
Tim

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/Enum.java?revision=412166&view=markup