harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apps] azureus (was Re: [testing] AWT, Swing Java2D)
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 08:21:15 GMT
I tried running Azureus a while ago and found that it needed an SSL
provider that we didn't have at the time (but have since got in JIRA),
and that there were some hard-coded assumptions that it was running on
Sun/Classpath -- I'd have to go back and re-run my experiment 'cos I had
to reclaim the disk space.

I think this walkback is a knock-on effect of not having a connected
secure socket (look for an earlier error).

Regards,
Tim

Mark Hindess wrote:
> On 5 June 2006 at 19:07, "R.J. Lorimer" <rjlorimer@coffee-bytes.com> wrote:
>> For the record (I didn't gather this anywhere from this discussion),
>>
>> Azureus (while being a very non-trivial and cool Java application), is
>> not written in AWT/Swing, it is written with SWT (the same as Eclipse).
>> It's probably a good application to interact with for testing, but it's
>> not an AWT/Swing test.
>
> So I theory, this might run now!
>
> I tried running it but get lots of error output like:
>
> DEBUG::Tue Jun 06 08:29:39 BST 2006::com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector::accept_loop::138:
>     VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector$1::runSupport::85,AEThread::run::69
> java.nio.channels.NotYetBoundException
>         at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:125)
>         at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.accept_loop(VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.java:129)
>         at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector$1.runSupport(VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.java:85)
>         at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AEThread.run(AEThread.java:69)
>
> Definitely seems like a good thing to get working - it certainly
> exercises quite a bit of the networking code.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
>> Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
>>> I second that.  Just downloaded the latest, and it is defintiively a
>>> non-trivial application, which also knows how to open holes in uPnP
>>> firewalls etc, has custom look-and-feel and very evidently is
>>> multithreaded.

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.