harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [general] revisiting structure of SVN
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:00:20 GMT
I'd like to discuss how we start to bring together the pieces of Harmony
given our goal is Java SE with all the fixin's.

We now have

DRLVM and classlib work together (as I think we all like to see jchevm
do too...)

But given that we are a Java SE project (and not a VM project or a
classlibrary project) I think it behooves us to start thinking how to
organize at a higher level.  We've been very focused on the classlib
area, but that's only one part.

So, I'd like to propose something like

1) a /deploy directory in root, as a peer to /classlib and /drlvm

2) Maybe move the launcher out from classlib to

3) Maybe create

  where the tool work can happen?

4) Have /drlvm and /classlib build-deploy into /deploy, rather than the
local one

3) create a top level script such that

     build drlvm-jdk
     build jchevm-jdk

does what you expect, namely build the classlib artifacts and put in
/deploy, build the VM of choice and drop in /deploy, builds the
toolset,etc and go from there.  We can create our HDK snapshots from it,
and drop HDKs into it for use :