harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting working on a single module?
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:49:49 GMT
Just thought Id give a bit of a heads up on HARMONY-561.
The patch attached to that JIRA moves the header files under the
native-src/<platform>/include directories into
/modules/<luni|archive>/src/main/native. It also updates the build
scripts and
makefiles to move the headers into a shared location (<hdk>/include, as
described at [1])  and compile against their new location.

The next piece of work I intend to look at is getting the windows/linux
makefiles to
build their .lib/.a files directly into the <hdk>/lib directory (also
described in [1]),
and getting each native component to link against the libs at that
location. Once
this is done the deploy directory should look like a complete HDK after
a global
build. ie it will contain everything needed to build each individual
native component
or java module against it.

We should then be able to make the final moves of the classlib native code
into the modules (and start creating some classlib HDK snapshots).

Regards,
Oliver

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/hdk.html