harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:20:51 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Maybe we should start thinking more with that in mind and think about
> scratching our own itches in terms of development... we might find some
> serious innovation on the way to there.

I think the disagreement boils down to defining the "itch".  I'm not
interested in the overhead because while we will own the VM for our
distro, it's still overhead and additionally, we want others w/ VMs to
use our classlibrary too (like Sun, BEA, IBM, Apple... )

I'm going to dork around w/ aspects to see if we can make the addition
of debugging a pre-processing step used by people that want to debug...

geir