harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] [beans] xml resource files in tests
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:12:07 GMT
Hi people,

While working on java.beans tests I've faced a funny problem. There
are tests for XMLEncoder that perform line by line comparison of the
encoder's output with static xml files from /test/resources folder
(string compare). And it seems that at some point of time someone
simply prepend Apache license to all static xmls and all tests fail
since then. :)
Since there is no easy way to force XMLEncoder to generate Apache
license, I see two possible resolutions:
1. Remove the license from xmls. I am not sure we can do that.
2. Replace string compare with xml compare, by means of sax parser for
example. Comments will be thrown away in this case.
Personally I like (2) more. However, it will take additional efforts.
Suggestions?

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division