harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nataly Naumova" <natalya.s.naum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] what I'm doing...
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:22:01 GMT
> Sorry, I'm already wading through it.  I'll be happy to see it to use
> for reference though.
>
> If someone is going to work on something, please speak up here first.
>
> geir

Hi all!
I want to suggest the solution for getting rid of classlib building
completely. It requires a little patching of the current build.
The changes are the following:
- remove all the classlib descriptors (make/components/classlib* )
- add the new descriptor for the classlib libraries copying (e.g.
make/extra/classlib.xml), that will copy all the libraries from the
built classlib
- change a little several other descriptors: for vm.vmi, vm.hello and
vm.kernel_classes to point to the classlib *.jar and *.lib
and change win/lnx.properties to point to the fresh Harmony sources.
So the build will work the following way:
if one defines CLASSLIB_HOME property (from the command line or in
property file), the build will take the libraries from it. If this
property is unset or the classlib wasn't built, the build says that
one should build the classlib first (which has been downloaded already
during the "build update").
But such solution requires the patching DRLVM first, as I suggested in
Jira issue 601, because the current vm doesn't work with the fresh
Harmony.

Nataly Naumova,
Intel Middleware Products Division