harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416738 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/bootclasspath.properties
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:01:21 GMT
On 6/25/06, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 24 June 2006 at 22:38, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Mark Hindess wrote:
> > >
> > > Oops... I can't believe we didn't spot this before! ...
> >
> > That's a regression :-(  We used to specifically exclude the kernel
> > patternsets from each JAR packaging step.  I agree that it should be
> > restored.
>
> Yes, it's definitely a regression.  Probably at least partly my fault,
> so I've fixed it in r417017.
>
> Gregory, this should almost fix the ordering issue except for String
> which has moved out of the kernel classes in to luni.

String & StringBuffer should be removed from the DRLVM sources
to eliminate this issue. These classes will be taken from the luni.jar after
this action.
We had own implementation for these classes because they were a part of the
kernel classes
for IBM VM some time ago. Should we create new JIRA issue for doing this
action?

Thanks,
Vladimir.

But as Tim says