harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:35:23 GMT
We need to remember the class file transformation via BCEL implies the
performance degradation at load-time.
IMO using the source code like this

*static final boolean DEBUG = false;
if (DEBUG) {
   // wiped away by java compiler
   log("my useful log message");
}
*
will give better performance but demands the additional efforts for the
re-factoring the source code.

Thanks,
Vladimir.